Have had twinges between breast and armpit area. Got early periods. What is going on?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: hi, for the last week half approx I have had twinges between my breast and armpit area, more so on the left but occasionally on the right as well. I was taking a soya supplement for a while but since I stopped I think my hormones are a bit out of sync. I got my period today, but it is a week early. will things settle down on their own or do I need some medical help? thankyou for answering.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
If you are not menopausal,then I don't think stopping the soya products would result in unsettling of your hormone levels.
The phytoestrogens present in the soya are very weak as compared to natural estrogens produced by your body.
One may have some symptoms if she is menopausal and withdraw her soya supplements.
Since there is no associated complaint of any chest pain or breathlessness,there should not be any reason for worry.
Take some calcium supplements and B complex vitamins and wait for couple of weeks.you should be all right with these measures.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 28 minutes later
thank you very much for replying. I don't think I am menopausal - my periods have always been on time and regular exept for this month ( wk earlier than normal ) the soya product was in powder form and strong in strength. could I have done myself any damage when all I was trying to be was healthy? my breasts have got a bit fuller since taking it as well but are other wise the same. thank you very much once again. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
No harm has been done to you by the intake of soya.
I don't think there is any reason for worry.
You seem to be in good health and keep trying to maintain it by doing regular exercises and taking care of your diet.
Best of luck
Thanks