Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have had total blood test, have raised SGPT and CRP. What are the findings?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
hi Doctor,

My SGPT level is 71. is it normal and high sensitivity CRP level is 9?
Also pls go thru the reports i have sent. want to kno overall feedback


Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reports are abnormal.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your reports it is possible that you are having metabolic syndrome.

ESR , CRP is raised - non specific indicates inflammation in body is present.

Vit. D -- low --Advise to take vitamin D 0000 IU every week for 12 weeks and then once monthly for maintainence. Increase your sun exposure.

hS CRP - Raised marker for cardiac problems - non specific.

Blood sugar profile - deranged , need to start antidiabetics .

Lipid profile - deranged - Diet modification , exercise suugested , if no improvement - STATIN may be required.

I advise you to see a physician for detailed evaluation.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have had total blood test, have raised SGPT and CRP. What are the findings? 15 hours later
hS CRP - Raised marker for cardiac problems - non specific.

can u pls explain
also pls suggest me the corrective measures for metabolic syndrome
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exercise, diet management.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir ,

hs-CRP is a marker of inflammation.It is used to predict the risk of developing heart disease and its complications, such as heart attacks, strokes etc. but it is not a direct marker for anything.

For metabolic syndrome losing of weight , regular exercise , avoiding fatty foods and if needed drugs like statins etc. may be required.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor