Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have had small tear on penis head where the opening is. How to heal this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
Hi, for the last 8-9 months I've had a small tear on the right side of my penis head where the opening is. I want to know what I can do to seal it up and heal
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 35 minutes later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your querry. A few more information from you will be helpful in answering your query:
1) Are you married and did it occur during the course of any sexual activity ?
2) If it is so, then did you observe abstinence from the same till the tear was healed completely ?
3) Please let me know if the ulcer is in the foreskin or on the glans penis (the part seen after retracting the foreskin)
4) As the ulcer is lasting for such a long duration, have you got any investigations done or did you take any treatment till date ? It will be nice if you can please send details of investigations and treatment done so far.
In the mean while, I would suggest you to give more attention personal hygiene, and at least get a blood sugar test done. Rest of the management can be planned after you send the details as noted above to me. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor