Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have had semen analysis done. Was on Maxoxa and Ubiphene. What are the findings?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9572 Questions
I am 36 yrs male, on aug 2011 my report says, sperm count is 22.4 mil, actively motile is 30%, sluggishly motile is 20%, non motile is 50% , against which I have taken MAXOZA L for 4months, second test was on feb 2012, sperm count was 80 mil, actively motile is 50%, sluggishly motile is 20%, non motile is 30%, third time test was on may 2013, sperm count was 10.4 actively motile is 10%, sluggishly motile is 10%, non motile is 80% , as per doctor recommendation I was taking MAXOXA L (2 times) daily, UBIPHENE ( 1 time daily) till date forth time was on August 2013, sperm count is 6 mil , motility 65%, non progressive motile is 15%, immortality 35% same medicine as above mentioned, kindly tell me right advice , to increase sperm count and improve sperm, Thanks
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No proven effective drugs to increase sperm count.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have considerable variations and fluctuations in your sperm count and sperm motility over last three years.
Was sperm analysis done in a same laboratory under the ideal circumstances to collect the semen sample ?
Truly speaking there are many drugs in market by various pharmaceutical companies who claim to improve sperm count however not a single one has scientific data or evidences to prove their claim .
Following general measures will help you to improve your sperm count

Following measure will help you to sperm count and sperm motility.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..
5) Avoid using tight inner wares
6) Avoid sitting for a long time in same position.
7) Use cloths that will keep your testicles in cold atmosphere,which is essential for effective sperm production.
Repeat semen analysis in well renowned andrology laboratory where semen analysis is done by a well trained and experienced technicians by computerised techniques.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have had semen analysis done. Was on Maxoxa and Ubiphene. What are the findings? 4 hours later
Following your reply , it is to brief you that I had a late marriage and my wife is 36 yrs age , till now we had no child, against which we have going through treatment
Certain issues are with her and her AMH level is also low (0.87) , I had also gone through IOI, but no results are found, now her doctor has advices for IVF , but as my semen count is not good , she has advices for boosters, are they advantageous, another doctor has adviced for TAZZLE 10 ( 5 days during intercourse), but I had read about medicine, it has side effects , kindly guide me about the medicine and the suggestions for taking boosters or not ( undergoing IVF)
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
better consult Infertility specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
If your wife has some problems as regards her ovulation I personally think not to try IVF unless her menstruation is regular and there is positive evidence of ovulation detected on Ultrasound scanning..

Since you have Oligozooasthenospermia it is better to consult qualified experienced Infertility specialist for evaluation and to explore the possibility of sperm concentration and ICSI( Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection).You may take boosters but the results are not guaranteed.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor