Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have had red and white rash on tip of Penis. Tried yeast infection cream. Not working. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 365 Questions
Red/white rash on tip of Penis. Had for several months. Tried yeast infection cream. Not working.
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query.

You have a rash on the tip of penis for several months.

You have not mentioned the size, shape, whether it is associated with pain or discomfort or burning, which would have helped in a closer diagnosis.

Most probable possibility is candidal infection . You have tried only creams which sometimes are not able to eliminate infections. You need to take oral anti-fungals by prescription.

Other possibilities are:
-Genital herpes

You may upload images or consult a dermatologist near by for exact diagnosis and treatment.

Feel free to ask any query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have had red and white rash on tip of Penis. Tried yeast infection cream. Not working. Suggest? 1 hour later
Itches sometimes. Domed shaped formations on the glans. Tend to have redness just below the glans in the shaft that seems to be tight and cut easily. Almost seems like a stretching problem with the skin from a previous cut.
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 8 hours later
Hi, thanks for writing back.
I have seen the images. It seems to be candidal or yeast infection. You need to start oral anti fungal treatment under guidance of a dermatologist. You may apply anti fungal cream locally and oral antihistamine for itching.

You have also mentioned of a cut and difficulty in stretching, which may be due to inflammation, there is a possibility of secondary bacterial infection for which I recommend you to take oral antibiotics good hygiene and keeping the area dry.
Hope this helps you.
Keep me posted.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor