Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have had recurrent itchy area under foreskin, moist and smelly. Given primifocurt, hot during sex. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
hi .. i have ,and have had for many months , an itchy area under my foreskin , seems to go away and then just flair up .very uncomfitable .moist and quite an odour by the days end gave me primifocort change ..gets a very hot and uncomfortable during sex and have to cease the activity ...
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
metronidazole,ciprofloxacin to be added orally..

Detailed Answer:

It is most probably caused by a genital infection, to my opinion, most probably a mixed of fungal and bacterial infection.

Therefore, I would recommend to start oral antibiotic therapy (metronidazole + ciprofloxacin for 10 days), fluconazole once a week for 4 weeks and add some other local cream containing metronidazole + nystatin cream (usually they are prescribed as vaginal cream, but you can use it to your foreskin area for 2 weeks).

If you have any discharge by your genitalia, it is better to perform a culture test for better antibiotic sensitivity and therapy.

I would recommend not to be sexually active while on treatment. If you have only one partner, please advise to get treated. If you have more than one partner, please take proper measures.

Hope it answered to your inquires!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor