Have had perioral dermatitis. Bumps getting less after using doxy 100mg. Is this normal healing process?
At the outset, Elidel is an immunomodulator & as such does not require 'weaning' to be stopped. It is fairly safe & if it works for you can be used over long periods as opposed to cortisone creams which is an absolute no-no for your condition.
Yes it is normal to see bumps continue to reappear.
Yes it is an ongoing process ...the healing/improvement & will take time..patience is not a virtue i possess so difficult to preach it :)
I think if redness is decreasing, then that is a good sign.
I also think, 2 other factors need to be addressed in the basic pathology process:photo-aggravation & stress aggravation. If either are present, one needs to go in for a good sunscreen cum emollient & needs to address the stress isssue that can be aggravating it esp lip licking.
Do hope this has answered all your questions in a lucid manner & hope it has given you pointers to make an informed deciscion. Relax..& once you forget about it, it will also help the resolution process. Cheers & Good luck & wish you a clear skin!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of perioral dermatitis with mupirocin
- Is benzac used in the treatment of perioral dermatitis?
- Lip balm to use for perioral dermatitis
- Perioral dermatitis face wash
- Perioral dermatitis and sore throat
- Perioral dermatitis skin erythema
- Is sunbed use linked to perioral dermatitis
- Perioral dermatitis and loestrin 24
- Is acne treatment used in the treatment of perioral dermatitis?
- Is romycin used in the treatment of perioral dermatitis?