Have had partial hysterectomy. Ultrasound showed cyst in ovary. How will it be cured?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Hi i am just had an ultra sound and this is the report
In the left ovary an echoluent area 20mm in diameter,typical of a dominant follicle or cyst is visualised.measurement give a left ovary volume of 13cc. Small echolucent areas typical of follicles are seen in the right ovary.measurements indicate a right ovary volume of 6cc.
I have had a partial hyster. Why am i in so much painmore if the bladder or bowel are full if the DR said every thing is fine
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Your ultrasound report is showing:
Left ovary is having one cyst with measurement of 20mm.
It can be a dominant follicle or can be simple cyst.
These are common findings and will subside soon.
Rt ovary is showing small follicles.
Usually after hysterectomy the woman will experience surgical menopause and will not have periods. So as the target organ is not there the function of the ovary will also decline.
But sometimes fat in peripheral tissue etc can produce hormones which can affect the function of the ovary to some extent.
But according to the mentioned details in ultrasound they may not be the cause for your pain.
The possible causes for your pain are:
-Adhesions due to hysterectomy.
-laparoscopy which can visualize the possibility of adhesions and can also separate them at the same sitting.
You discuss these possibilities with your doctor and proceed accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.