Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have had pain in butt cheek. Noticed hard lump under skin. What should I do?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have had pain in my left butt cheek for over a month, never thought much of it, just felt it today and there is a lump under the skin and it is hard to sit on that side. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 48 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
The possibilities are:
Sebaceous cyst: which can occur due to blockade of the duct of sebaceous gland on the skin of the buttock.
When that gets infected it can form abscess.
Lipoma: collection of fat tissue forming a lump under the skin.
Callus formation from underlying bone, it can appear as lump under the skin.
Infection of the subcutaneous tissue, muscles etc of the buttock can manifest as lump under the skin.
So you once consult a gynecologist or general surgeon and undergo a physical examination to note the actual characteristics of the lump and treatment can be taken accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor