Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have had heartburn more in throat area along with cough and upset stomach. Is it heart attack?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I have had bad heartburn the last couple of days. not so much the chest but upper throat area. and having a cough and upsest stomach. could those be possible signs of a heart attack. I'm 29 years old
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 days later
Brief Answer: Unlikely a heart attack Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It is true that heart burn is one of the symptom of a heart attack, but I would like to know a few more details on order to come to a better conclusion. 1. Do you smoke? Consume alcohol? Please let me know how much 2. Do you have any family history of heart attack at an early age? 3. Apart from heartburn, do you have symptoms of breathlessness? pain the left shoulder and left jaw? 4. Any symptoms of dizziness ? 5. Have you taken any medications for the heart burn? Did u feel better? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor