Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have had frozen shoulder and i diagnosed with fibromyralgia. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
I have had frozens shoulder over two years, and i am now diagnosed with pain is severe and prolong.i have tried physio and was tested positive for nerve impingement.My doctor has indicated that I am not improving and is unable to work at this time.He is a RA, who has been working with me for over two years.I applied for MY CPP Pension as I am presently unemployed and I gave up my job after 22 years.Will this report be honoured by the adjudicator for my disability pension and will I have to do reviews very often. I recently stared on Gabapente 300 mg and I will be 58 this year.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 hours later

I think one can be able to answer your query only after he/she has examined you in detail and assess the severity of disability.

Canada Pension plan allows disability to individuals who have contributed recently and who can prove that they are not capable for any sedentary jobs too. I understand it would be quite difficult to perform any kind of work in the back ground of fibromyalgia and frozen shoulder. However as far as I understand any government pension plans for disability including CPP would only be satisfied with this claim if you support it with written prescription stating the same. Therefore you should discuss with your psychiatrist/orthopaedic and rheumatologist treating you and obtain a written prescription.

With a written evidence to prove your claim, I think the CCP authorities should allow the disability benefits to you.

Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor