Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have had endometriosis. Noticed blood clot in urine after painful intercourse. What is wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
After having painful sex about a month ago, the next day and a few days after, I had what looked like a peices of skin (pink-ish - maybe light bloody ) in the toilet when I peed. It is now a month later, my period has passed and it was a bit irregular ( early, and longer than usual ), but I am seeing what looks like skin again in the toilet when I pee. I am concerned, but at the same time, my guess was that since the sex was painful a month ago - maybe he hit something in me that tore something inside. I have been diagnosed w/ Endimetriosis in the past. Also let me note that I have not been sexually active since that incident a month ago.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 minutes later
Trauma could have been a factor here,since you said that sex was painful for you. Its unlikely that it would happen a month later after your sexual intercourse. The first time it could have been vaginal tissue that may have been the result of an abrasion. But its unlikely that it would happen a month later also. What you see is probably excessive endometrium thats shedding during your period. That may happen in endometriosis. Heavy,painful bleeding is characteristic if endometriosis.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor