Have had diarrhea, have soft stool and having lethargy, stomach aches and cramping. Suggest?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had diarrhea for over one week. Sometimes it's just very soft and narrow stools that are very light beige in color. I am experiencing lethargy and stomach aches. The stomach aches aren't constant but when they occur it's pretty severe. All of a sudden I'll get severe cramping and have to run to the bathroom. I recently spent a lot of time by my pool and I'm wondering if I got too much sun?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 35 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

The diarrhea and cramping are not due to excess exposure to sun.
It might be due to infection. A stool test may be done for confirmation.
Meanwhile taking yogurt and probiotics for faster relief.
Take BRAT diet ( Banana, Rice, Applesauce and Toast).

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini