Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have had diarrhea and smelly burps. Getting severe pain in upper stomach. Looking for relief

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
hi, i have had diarreha and smelly burps for 5 days and now i am gettin cronic upper stomach pain very severe. please help.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Your 5 day history of loose stools and bad breathed belching does indicate a grave need for an urgent evaluation of your abdomen medically - an ultrasound may be necessary to ascertain the cause along with other blood tests and stool examination. The most likely cause can only be underlined at the end of a clinical evaluation. Obstruction in the upper small intestine, spasmic contractions, strictures, infections are among the list that may sometimes lead to these symptoms.

I certainly can imagine you are in severe pain already - but I assume this also has started since 5 days only, and not chronic as that would mean a lot longer in medical terms. Also assuming that you have certainly not mentioned any related medical history in the past - an acute condition is as important.

Do not worry - get examined quickly, as they will help you ease the pain while the cause is found out and appropriate line of therapy initiated.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor