Have had blood test for TB. Findings?
1) TB IgG ( Antigen A60): 182 EU/ml and
2) TB IgM ( Antigen A60): 3.0 Index. Is he is having TB.
No role for serology(IgG & IgM)in diagnosis of T.B
Welcome to Healthcare magic,
As per your given lab report, The serology tests like IgG and IgM has "NO" role at all in diagnosing the tuberculosis(T.B). So no physician is relying upon these serology tests now a days.
My suggestion is to take him to a physician and evaluate the reason for his high fevers.
The diagnosis of T.B can be made on clinical and lab methods.
2.cough more than 14 days not relieving by antibiotics
3.Evening rise of temperature
1.ESR will be raised
2.CBP test -there is increased white cell count
Hope i have cleared your query. If you need any further clarifications,let me know.
I was guided to do some report for TB.
Today I have done my CBC + ESR Report, Results are
E.S.R - 30
RBC Count - 3.79
P.C.V - 35.90
M.C.H - 32.19
Neutrophils - 37
Neutrophils(count) - 1759
Lymphocytes - 53
apart from this he had weight loss of 5kg in last 13 days.
Had high fever of 104.
Can it be considered as TB??
Please guide us?
Currently our doctor has given medicine for TB:
R-Cinex EZ(Rifampicin IP,Isoniazid IP,Pyrazinamide IP)
chest X-ray and sputum AFB are diagnostic tools.
Chest X- XXXXXXX and sputum AFB are the definitive diagnostic tests for the T.B.
I will give better information if you have these reports.
But from the lab values you have provided, ESR is almost normal and rest of the blood picture is also normal.
Only positive findings in favour of tuberculosis is weight loss and continuous fever, but same can be seen in other types fevers also .
So in order to confirm the diagnosis of T.B, you MUST require chest X-ray and Sputum AFB.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have palpitations. ECG, cholesterol and blood pressure came normal. What...
- Treatment for renal cortical cyst, prostatic cyst and prostatomegaly?
- Have had bronchitis. What treatment should be done?
- Headache, nausea. Taking Lexapro. Have gall stone. Reason?
- Have occasionally very high blood pressure measurements. On medicine....
- Child with fever but good appetite. Anything to be done?
- Did blood pressure and lipid profile. Taking Atenolol. Want to know...
- Is apical lung densities caused by tuberculosis or asthma?
- Noticed white pus in urine. Tested negative for STD. What could be...
- Taking rosuvas for borderline high cholesterol. Got normal cholesterol...