Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have had blood test all parameters are high. Suggest diet, medicine and exercise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Dear sir,
I amXXXXX from tamil Nadu. I need diet plan, medication and exercise. please kindly guide me.
Blood glucose [252], total cholesterol 276mg/dl, total Triglycerides 235mg/dl, HDL cholesterol 30 mg/dl, LDL 199 mg/dl, VLDL cholesterol 47 mg/dl, total cholesterol / HDL ratio 9.2
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
YOu require medication now

Detailed Answer:
Hi Manikkannan,

I have read through the medical history,

The lipid panel is deranged. The parameters are above the normal range. HDL should be more than 40mg/dl. LDL and VLDL put together should be less than 125mg/dl. Total Cholesterol and HDL ratio indicates an immediate start for therapy with statin group of drugs. Triglycerides indicate that you have high fatty meal too.

Here I would like to tell you that with such a report I would start my patients with low dose atorvastatin and redo the lipid profile after 3 months to check the affect. It is important to check the liver function before starting atorvastatin and follow up is very crucial as they have side affects.

Since I would not be able to follow up with you and we do not have a primary face to face encounter I would not be able to justify a therapy.

I would like to know if the blood sugar that you showed up here is fasting or randomly drawn.

I am not trained in planning diet. I suggest you to use the other free service called 'Ask A Dietitian' from your dashboard. The dietitian can send you diet plan plus the exercise regimen.

Hope this is clear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor