Have had allergy. Groin area is black with some pink spot around it. Underlying cause?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, my groin area is black with some pink spot around it due to previous allergy i had

Can you advise me and I can capture the area and send it to you If you require to.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition appears to be post inflammatory hyperpigmentation due to previous allergy or fungal infection.
You need to-
Apply EumosoneM cream once a day at night time .Also you can apply a good quality moisturizer like Venusia lotion during day.
Using a glycolic acid containing or benzoyl peroxide containing soap for bathing will help to lighten the skin early.
The pigmentation will slowly regress over a period of 2 -3 months .You should continue the cream for 2 months.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up .
Dr Sudarshan
Dermatologist