Have had a lot of wheezing and chest tightness. Have pacemaker placed. Feeling dizzy and nauseous. Concerned

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: the last few weeks i have had alot of wheezing and chest tightness the last two days i have started having a cough with alot of phlegm and a metallic taste in my mouth. when i cough my chest feels tighter and i get really light headed and dizzy. I had a collapsed lung following a thorascopic cardiac ablation and pacemaker placement a year ago and required two weeks in icu on a ventilator and chest tube. i ran a low grade fever yesterday but after tylenol it went away. I have been very weak not really able to do much the last few days when i try to walk around or stand for any period of time i get extremely light headed dizzy and neasous.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
You are quite sick and should go to ER as soon as possible.
The cough, lots of sputum with metallic test in mouth along with fever; all of these symptoms suggest strong possibility of pneumonia.
You should get X XXXXXXX Chest, CBC and an ECHO and get reviewed by an physician as soon as possible.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary