Have grade c esophagitis. Feeling tired and stomach ache with vomiting sensation. Proper diagnosis?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi, I have Grade C Esophayagatis, multiple active Ulcers, Short Segment Barretts, Portal Vein Thrombus and a Single Leison in the lever. I also have very low B12 count. I feel very tired and sleepy all time. Have lost 12 Kgs in the last 6 months. Have lots of pain the stomach always and eating even couple of spoons gives me vomitting sensation. Even then I force myself to eat but quantity is that of a 4 year old only. I had treatment for H pylori, anticoagulation and B12 tablets. Also I have taken PPI. I think I'm shrinking both in size and activity. I need second opinion and help with more diagnosis. My Local doctor has said he did everything he can. I had done a CE CT scan, upper GI endoscopy, very detailed blood test and lever function test. Pls suggest what else should I look for to find out root cause and treat me to be back to what I was just 6 - 8 months back.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Are you an alcoholic or a smoker?
What was the single lesion in liver?
Your disease had already been diagnosed and needs better treatment at right time.

Let me explain your problem one by one.
You have loosen weight and feeling tired because of poor diet.
You are feeling pain abdomen along with vomiting because of severe damage in upper gastro-intestinal (GI) tract.
Presence of Grade c esophagitis, multiple ulcer with Barrett's esophagus indicates severe damage to GI tract.
Barrett's esophagus is a premalignant condition (just prior to cancer) and needs appropriate treatment for better relief.
These peptic ulcer diseases are due to Helicobacter Pylori bacteria and aggravated by smoking and alcohol intake.
H. Pylori kit is the available treatment and these are 80% effective.
You should also consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist / gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
There is another way of taking same medication which are 98% effective.
You should take PPI for 10 days, Amoxycillin for the 1st 5 days, Clarithromycin and tinidazole for next 5 days.
You should take the above prescribed treatment on written prescription.
Taking Antacids are not enough. This is just like putting water on fire.
Avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, onion, garlic, spicy and oily food.
Avoid tea, coffee and chocolates.
Take soft diet with yogurt.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava