Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Have gouty arthritis and kidney problem. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6941 Questions
i have arthrits goutfor 5 yrs have afew beers massive around kidneys dry reach inmornings real bad
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I get to know from your brief history that you were hit by train 10 years back and you developed arthritis of the ankle joint.
You have mentioned that it is gouty arthritis.
If you have gout then you need to take medication for your problem and avoid high protein diets like meat, beans, soyabean and alcoholic drinks.
They will worsen your problem.
The medications decrease the amount of uric acid in the body.
For acute attacks, a drug called colcichine can be taken.
However, you need to consult your doctor for this problem.
Regarding your kidney problem, it will be good if you describe your problem in some more detail.

Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor