Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have got dark circles under eyes. Diagnosed with slight anaemia. Suggest some good vitamin?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
recently I have got dark circles under eyes and when I was taking blood test I was diagnosed with a slight anemia. i realize it might be deficiency in vitamin B12.. what is a good vitamin ?
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 40 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXX.
Dark circles under the eyes have various causes but yes, altered blood supply or decreased oxygenation of tissues in the area is a prime cause.
If the blood test has revealed deficiency in B12, then you need to first asess why this has happened..dietary cause or metabolic or an uptake problem on account of any intestinal issues etc & treat accordingly.
Stress plays a major role both in bowel habbits & in dark circles under the eyes.
A good vitamin would be one that contains B12 in sufficient absorbable quantities & concomittant other trace element like zinc, magnesium etc. The names vary in different parts of the world & your pharmacist will be the best person to suggest a name. Go in for an 'antoxidant'.
The Best bet for purely B12 if you are particular would have to be a 'sublingual' (under the tongue) dissolvable 1000mcg B12 preparation (eg. Jamieson brand)
Personally, i am in favour of a procedure called 'carboxytherapy' in addition to relaxation therapies & good sound sleep!
Cheers & hope this brief was useful & informative. Do please take time to give us your feedback, close the query & give us a rating. Cheers!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have got dark circles under eyes. Diagnosed with slight anaemia. Suggest some good vitamin? 18 days later
Thank you very useful info!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 35 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXX,
Am a dermatologist & cosmetologist & do perform cosmetic surgeries & had answered this query awhile ago. I had suggested the name of the vit B12 & foods et al & recommended going in for carboxytherapy with a cosmetic surgeon nearest you. In addition, possibly you can use a product called Cernor XO that comes in a roll-on stick form & available internationally.
If this answers your queries, please do close the query & give us a review as else, it shows up as a follow-up question on the portal. Cheers & wish you a radiant countenance!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor