Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have gastric problem, chest irritation. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Hello Doctor,

I am suffering from gastric problem for some time back. While start gassing i will get heavily irritation in chest (believe that lots of accidity generating).

Please advise what should i do to cure this problem.

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 10 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I understand the discomfort you are going through. From the description you have given it seems that you are having this problem for some time now. Have you undergone any endoscopic examination? If not, then I would suggest you to get it done, to see if there is any erosion or ulceration in the esophagus or stomach.

If any problem is diagnosed on the endoscopy, then it needs to be treated accordingly. If no problems are seen, then you need to strictly observe the following.

- Have food at regular intervals.
- Avoid spicy/oily food.
- Have a small snack every two hours between the meals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- In case you smoke, avoid smoking.
- Reduce alcohol intake.
- Reduce stress by activities such as yoga/meditation.
- Sleep at regular intervals for adequate duration.
- Regular exercise.

If you follow the above measures, in most instances, the problems due to gastric irritation disappears.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can help you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor