Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have gallstones. Suffer pain. Feels better after taking pain killer. Worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
My mom has gallstones...she has a very bad pain on her right side ribs and back..she says it hurts when she moves down or too much....she thinks its not her gallstones because she has experienced that pain before and its not the same...what can this pain be? Its not XXXXXXX is it??? Im very worried for her....she feels a lil better with pain medication...she has been babysitting for a while..can it be muscle? We are very worried and confused.....
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 days later
Brief Answer:
Gall stones as first possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hi, the pain she has seems to be due gallstones based on site and type. Other possibilities could be renal stones, which could have been ruled out by scan. If you think it’s because of babysitting, let her take good rest for 4 days by sleeping well. It will reduce if muscle related. Otherwise, it is gallstones as first possibility.

Regards, Dr. Mahesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor