Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have gained weight. Need a balanced diet chart?

Jun 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2219 Questions
Hi..I am 27 years old indian guy having weight of 99 kgs and height- 6.1 ft...I need balanced diet chart or schedule to be followed on daily basis. I am working in night shift. Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 8 hours later
Hi there ~

I am concerned about your weight gain and it may be related to depression or insomnia or shift work disorder as might be the case and you might need a psychological assessment to see if you need counseling and medications from a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety. Depression can make you gain or lose weight depending on the situation. There are two ways to lose weight:

1. Eat right - and healthy. Which might mean that you need to consult a nutritionist.
2. Exercise regularly - 4 times a week for 30-40 min per session and it should include both cardio and weights.

Please consult an orthopedic doctor for the spinal slipped disc and it should not be very concerning. I hope you get yourself on the track to recovery and a healthy weight as soon as you can. I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any concerns.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor