Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have frequent high heart beat and brief extreme pumping. Have sweating and muscle pain on shoulder

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
I am 16 years old girl. I have frequent incidents of high heart beat rate. It is progressing in 2 stages, higher rate for longer time and a brief extreme pumping. At that time, I sweat over body and feel muscular pain at both shoulders.
I got a similar experience before 6 months. This started happening when I was 14 years.
Please help me understand the medical problem.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be Tachyarrythmia..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As per the description of your symptoms, the medical condition can be classified as Tachyarrthymias.

It can be
1.PSVT(Paroxysmal supra ventricular tachycardia)
2.Sinus tachycardia or
3.Atrial fibrillation

So to point out the exact condition and cause for this, you need to consult a cardiologist and get evaluated with ECG, 2D-ECHO, thyroid profile and blood work.

Hope i have cleared your doubt.
If you need any further information after your consultation I will be there to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have frequent high heart beat and brief extreme pumping. Have sweating and muscle pain on shoulder 10 hours later
Thanks for the medical advise.
Just to add a point. This has happened 3 times in the last 2 years. It persisted for few minutes only. Yesterday it lasted for hours. For your information, my father also has sinus tachycardia since he was 20 years. He is normal and no thyroid problems.
I am also healthy with no medical complaint.
Can this be hereditary and benign that may not need treatment?
Appreciate your advise
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment can be judged after clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

As I said the condition is Paroxysmal that means it comes and goes. Whether you require treatment or not could be judged, relying upon your lab tests ,ECG and 2D-ECHO reports.

Now i dont have any clue to comment on your clinical condition with out examining you clinically. Once you get the above mentioned lab works done, i can help you.

So i suggest you to consult a cardiologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor