Have frequent bowl movements with stomach cramps. Any solutions?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have frequent bowl movements with stomach cramps and foam in stool.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I will certainly advise you regarding your problem. In order to understand your problem better, please provide the following clarifications...

How long have you been having this problem?

How did it start? (suddenly or gradually?)

Are there any particular aggravating or relieving factors for your symptoms?

Do your symptoms co-relate with dietary changes or with certain specific foods?

Have you been evaluated for this problem before?

Have you been on any treatment for this problem so far?

Do you feel anxious frequently or suffer from any anxiety-related symptoms like jitteriness, racing heartbeats, increased sweating, muscle tension, etc.

Do you consume alcohol or any other substances of abuse?

Do you suffer from any other known medical problems or are you under any regular medication?

Please get back to me with these clarifications, so that I can advise you in a better way.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar