Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have fluctuating body temperature. Blood test normal. Is this related to thyroid problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10343 Questions
Hi Dr Christensen I have been feeling unwell for several months, and have the sympto
ms of Hypothyrodism, I have had several blood tests and they are all normal.
I have taken my temperature four times per day for many weeks, and it
fluctuates between 34 and 36 but never gets up to 37
Usually I feel better when my temperature is higher.
My condition does not appear to be getting worse, but most days I feel that I have mild flu like
symptoms, I am 68 slim and very fit for my age, have always had regular exercise.
If you could help, i would be very grateful
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Considering your history the most likely possibilities in your case would be
1.a vitamin B 12 or Vitamin D3 deficiency.
2 Hormonal disturbance like low testosterone levels.
3. Low BMR
Since you have been evaluated by a doctor and investigated the chances are less that they might have missed any major pathology.
I would advise you first take some B complex supplements to watch for any relief.
If problem persists then get yourself evaluated by an endocrinologist for proper diagnosis.
Please do not worry, avoid stress, smoking, caffeine and alcohol to have better relief.
Also try to include a mild exercise schedule like yoga in your daily lifestyle.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor