Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Have flu symptoms but also suffering from inflamed inner ear. Are these related?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
I have flu symptoms but also suffering from inflamed inner right ear - could the symptoms be related to the inflamed inner ear? thanks
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Vertigo can occur if there is any problem in the inner ear. Since you had inner ear problem/infection and later you got vertigo problem, we can correlate it but unable to confirm without examination.

If you still have flue like symptoms then do concentrated salt water gargle, steam inhalation. You can take anti inflammatory drug like Paracetamol. If fever / bacterial infection then antibiotic is required.

Have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious diet with required calorie and regular outdoor exercises. Breathing exercises will be good.

Consult your ENT doctor for further examination and management. Early diagnosis and management is the best treatment with disease. You may require imaging and tests like hearing test to diagnose your problem.

Hope I answered your question.

Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor