Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Have flat feet, pain and swelling in right ankle, weight gain. Want to take Movon P, Combiflam. What should be the dosage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I have pain and slight swelling in my right ankle. I have flat feet and have put on 4 kg wt recently. I need quick remedy since I am travelling on work. Movon P or Combiflam? And what dosage?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Everybody in today's world wants quick results.

First of all it is important to know the reason the swelling.

For your current problem the common reason could be

1. Sprain while walking
2. Increase in uric acid knows as gout.

Please try following,

1. Take tablet paracetamol 500mg 3 times in a day. Please do not take any other drugs unless prescribed.
2. Apply any analgesic oint that you have.
3. Use pink elastic bandage which you should wear at work during the day.

In case you do not feel improved than it is advisable that you visit a doctor and get your self examined. He may advise some blood test as per need.

Apart from this as you have put on 4 kg weight, you need to keep a watch on this. Please visit your physician for this and try to look for the reason for same.

Please remain active,

Do regular exercise
Watch your diet
Avoid food high in calories.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case you do not have further query please accept the answer.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor