Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have fibromyalgia, stenosis and RSD in legs. How to get rid of pain?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
I am 68 yr. old female, 115 lbs. lbs., walk about 2 miles a day. I have fibromyalgia, and RSD of my hand due to surgery. I have been experiencing pain on my right side for about the last ten days and it increases if I palpate around the last lower rib area. I take pain meds for the RSD, but it does not help. I also take a fiber,colon supplement to avoid any bowel problems. I also have several back issues, stenosis, arthritis, 4 herniated discs and severe muscle spasms right beneath my left shoulder blade. Also have chronic leg pain in both legs which I assume is the fibromyalgia. The right flank pain is something I have never experienced. Should I be concerned with this new pain?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Flank pain has many causes. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX There are number of causes for Flank pain but the most commonest causes are either a Ureteral stone or a Renal problem (some problem in the kidney). A detailed clinical examination and Ultrasound examination of the abdomen will establish the diagnosis of your condition. Yes, definitely it is a matter of concern and I suggest you to consult a General surgeon for further evaluation and management. Hope I have answered your query. Happy to guide you further Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor