Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have fibromyalgia. Noticed blood after urine. Experiencing flank pain. Blood test done. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
Thought I had got my period when I went to the toilet this morning as it was due 3 days ago, but so far no sign of it. Noticed some bright red blood on toilet paper this morning and getting a little worried. I have Fibromyalgia but also think I have another autoimmune dieases aswell and just waiting on a second opinion from a Rheumatologist to rule out Lupus which runs in family. I'm going thru a lot of stress atm and a bad flare but have had this happen once before when I was really sick about 4 years ago and before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Have been getting flank pain in my right side in my back on and off for over a year now also. I have monthly blood tests as my ESR and CRP are usually up really high and still no answers to that either. My dr also regularly checks my kidneys ect aswell on usual blood work and all has been good so far. I've also had microscopic haematura detected in a urine sample in the past aswell but last one didn't pick any up. I'm due to have another blood test end of this week and a little worried now.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Since your period is overdue by 3 days, the chances of being pregnant is there. You need to do a urine test using the test kit available over the counter. You can also do a blood test for B-hcg to exclude/confirm pregnancy.

If the blood test comes out negative, it is best to wait for another week for your periods. If the periods still do not start then you may have to go for investigations like USG lower abdomen, Thyroid Profile, LH/FSH, Blood sugar etc to rule out underlying pathology, if any. It may be due to hormonal imbalance, Irregular eating habit, stress/anxiety,Ovarian cyst etc.

Consult with your Gynecologist/Physician and take suggestive measures according to reports.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor