Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Have fibromuscular hypodysplasia. Tender and bloated stomach after meals. Dizziness. Surgery required to resolve blockage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromuscular Hypodysplasia. I have a 60% Blockage to the left Kidney, a 90% Blockage to my stomach, bowels and intestines and a 65% Blockage in my left artery in my neck. I've had an abdominal ultrasound and a Kidney ultrasound in the Vascular Imaging Dept. of the Heart Center. 3 years ago I had a stent placed in my Left artery of my Heart. My stomach is tender and bloated after eating or drinking water.
I know my Cardiolists is gathering info from these tests however I'm not scheduled to see him until April 26th. I spent 3 days in the Hospital last week with very high to very low Blood Pressure. The HTC was removed from my Blood Peessure Medicine and it has been more stable since. However I am dizzy and lightheaded and do not feel well.
There was an arteriography done of my Heart and me Arteries around my heart looked Pristine! I have released 55 pounds, quit smoking and eat healthy! Is this condition of Fibromuscular Hypoplasia an ongoing Disease like Coronary Heart Disease? Will I need Surgery to resolve Blockages I currently have?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 59 minutes later
I already answered for the same query few minutes back.
If there are any questions/doubts,i will clarify further
Waiting for your response
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor