Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have fever and stomach ache. Test showed sgot=80, sgtt=74 and wida = -1:80. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
My mother (56) is just detected sgot=80, sgtt=74 and wida = -1:80 yesterday when her temperature didn't get down for last 3-4 days along with pain in the stomach. Now she is having loose stomach also along with fluctuating temperature between 99 to 101, particularly in the evening. Is there anything to worry. She used to take blood pressure medicines for last few years.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 40 minutes later

Your mother's Liver enzymes show mild to moderate elevation. It could be from infection, medicines like paracetamol in larger doses and so on.
Widal 1 in 80 is border line and inconclusive - if typhoid is suspected, it has to be repeated; cultures also are needed. Loose stools could be a part of the picture. Pain in the stomach needs repeated observation, stool analysis (occult blood) and scan (UltraSonoGraphy).
Her blood pressure medicines have to be continued - renal function (urea, creatinine and electrolytes) should be checked.
Cifran, she is taking, is OK and should take care of typhoid, loose stools etc.
Failure to improve in another day or two is an indication for admission, observations and further investigation for proper management - because of age blood pressure, liver impairment and so on.

Wishing her speedy recovery
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor