Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have fever. Diagnosed with urinary infection. Started bleeding and have itchy skin. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions
my girlfriend had temperature during 4 days until yesterday (up to 103, 104). she went to the doctor Monday, who said it was an urinary infection, and has some blood test done, which reveals a bit high glucose, low "good cholesterol", low calcium and potassium and WBC.
She has had blood discharge during a week a bit like periods, although it would be early for her next period.
2 days ago, she fainted during the night, then went better.
Today we went to the doctor again for the results of the blood test and follow up, her blood pressure was OK as well as her temperature.
She has some kind of fever blisters on the lips and below the bridge of her nose since a few days.
Tonight she wakes up, telling her skin is itching; there are some rashes and red dots on her legs, her elbows itch too, and her temperature is low 96.8 and she feels very weak.

Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 47 minutes later
Thanks for the question posted .
I would be pleased to answer the same .
What she seem to have is 3 issues :
1. Fainting with Blood discharge: It would be very important to rule out Ectopic Pregnancy , Bladder infection
2. Fever Blisters: on the lips and just under the nose is a very classic sign of Herpes Simplex . This is commonly seen when the body undergoes a stress.
It would be important for her to take certain tablets like anti virals which would be very important .
3. Skin rash: This can be again something called Acute urticaria for which she will need over the counter preparations called anti histamines.

Please do make sure she follows the above and book an appointment with the Dermatologist.

Thanks and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor