Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have fatty tissue lump above tailbone. How to get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 173 Questions
A friend of mine has a fatty tissue lump above her tailbone on her back. She went to liposuction dr he said he could not remove it because there is too many nerve endings there. Is this true? Could you refer her to a dr in the sioux city?
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Dear Friend,

From what I can understand from your complaints your friend could be having a spina bifida at the level of this swelling. This swelling could be a lipoma. Before any intervention you will require MRI Of spine and you should consult a neurosurgeon for its removal in your area.

I am sorry I cannot suggest you any particular name in your area. But any tertiary care hospital with in house Neurosurgeon would be able to do a good job.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor