Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have facial rash which started small and has spread on entire face and scalp. Burns and itches. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2104 Questions
Hi I'm female 20 years old I have a facial rash which started small and has spread over my entire face and scalp over 2 days the rash is bumpy but you can not visibly see it, it burns and is itchy and slowly getting numb, what could this be?
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 days later
Thanks for writing your query.

It will be helpful if you give more information on :-
1. Duration of your rash?
2. Any use of new cosmetic?

After reading your post, it seems that the cause of your rash is allergic.
You should wash the affected area with clean water.

You should go to the Emergency Department for clinical examination.
Steroid injection will be beneficial.
You can take antihistaminic like Fexofenadine 180 mg once a day for relief.
If the problem persists, get yourself clinically examined by a Dermatologist.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query,I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor