Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have excessive vaginal secretions during sex. Partner losing muscular control. Had lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
hi I am a 50year old female who is having trouble with excessive vaginal secretions during intercourse. this is making my partner lose sensation and I am also finding I lose muscle control during this as well. I have been doing kegel excersises and have had a lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy about 3 years ago. My partner keeps telling me there is something wrong down there as he says I become 'loose and juicy'. I have asked my doctor here but she was unable to help, she refered me to a gynea who also was unable to help. is there something wrong with me and is there anything I can do about this?
ps I had the hysterectomy for increasing pain during menstruation. the last time I visited my doctor she did a hormone check for menopause as I have had the occasional hot flush and a couple of night sweats. i do not wish to go on hrt as my mother has had strokes ++ and there is a family history of high blood pressure and heart disease etc. i myself am hypotensive and often suffer from postural hypotension. please let me know if you need any further information.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hormonal changes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The increase in the vaginal secretions during the intercourse could be due to a normal hormonal variation that your body is going through during the menopause or a vaginal infection like bacterial vaginosis or yeast infection or vaginitis- inflammation of the vaginal mucosa.
If the secretions are watery in nature with no offensive smell then it is more likely to be due to a hormonal variation.
A direct examination of the area and a vaginal swab culture will help in detecting any inflammation or an infection in the area.
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor