Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have excessive sweating in groin and butt area. Tried deodorant and dricolor. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I've got a problem with excessive sweating, mainly in the groin/butt area, it is worse when it is hot but still happens when its cold, I am a 19 yr old male, I have tried deodorant and driclor but neither seem to do much at all, I'm a bit of a hot-blooded person but this is really giving me the shits, I want to get it sorted out before next summer because it is really bad, would you have any ideas?
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Hyperhidrosis in the mentioned area could be due to stress, anxiety, exercise, excess heat or humidity. the treatment options available are
1) aluminium chloride hexahydrate. It has to be used every night after washing the area with soap and water. Once the sweating decreases, use it once in a week.
2) Botox- injected in sweat glands and offers wonderful but temporary results
3) sympathectomy- nerve is cut to decrease sweat. A surgical procedure.
4) tap water iontophoresis- a current based treatment.

amongst all above Botox has the best role.

Now in your case, these measures would help
1) wear loose cotton underclothes and change it twice in a day
2) use an antibacterial soap for bathing
3) dust the area with antifungal powder in morning
4) every night use drysol till sweating decreases
5) shave your pubic area
6) avoid exposure to spicy foods, sweat, exercise, heat humidity if possible.
7) avoid wearing tight clothes or thick clothes like denims
if these do not work, you may consider consulting a dermatologist nearby for the more definite treatments mentioned above.

read this link- WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope that helped.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor