Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have excessive sweating. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
I have a problem with excessive sweating. Is there a treatment for this problem?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 36 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The problem your are suffering is known medically as "hyperhidrosis".
Hyperhidrosis can be focal - involving palms, soles, face, underarms, scalp it is referred to as primary or focal hyperhidrosis. Generalized or secondary hyperhidrosis usually involves the body as a whole and is the result of an underlying condition.

Focal hyperhidrosis can be inherited and seen in families.
But secondary hyperhidrosis is seen in conditions like - Disorder of the thyroid or pituitary glands, diabetes mellitus, tumors, gout, menopause, certain drugs.


1.Medical treatment - Like using Anti-perspirants
3.Botulinum toxin
4.Surgery: Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS)

You consult your treating Physician for type of treatment that actually fits into your category.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor