Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Non diabetic, done vasectomy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
sir, I am 64yrs vasectomised person. my B. P. is140/90.nondiabetic.I am suffering from E.D. and premature ejaculation.please advice medicine
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 47 minutes later
There is a significant chance of you deriving benefit from use of drugs belonging to a class called PDE5Inhibitors, the most famous of which is Sildenafil marketed through the world as Viagra. This should help you achieve better erections but if you continue to have premature ejaculation, you should probably add dapoxetine to delay the climax. Both of these are prescription drugs meaning you should not get it from a medical shop without a doctor's signed order.
Also both these medications should be started in your case only after you get a thorough evaluation by a cardiologist to ensure that your heart will not suffer from adverse effects of medicines and a good way this is done is by means of a normal 2D Echo and treadmill test. If the heart evaluation is normal, there is unlikely to be a reason yo withhold the drug in your case. If you do not respond to medication, you might require to get an estimation of serum testosterone at 8am in the morning and if that comes low you might benefit from testosterone supplementation after ruling out prostate disease.
Hope I have been of help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor