Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Have enlarged uterus, dominant follicle and cyst in ovary. Should I go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
hi they said i have enlarge uterus containing an intramural leiomyoma and, also in my right ovary a cyst (2.3cm) and a dominant follicle., I have been in pain for a while. the dr. referral me with obgyn dr,
should i be worry.? this mean surgery.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Treatment options will depend on the size of leiomyoma and uterus.If the leiomyoma is small in size then your obgy may opt for wait and watch approach.Larger leiomyoma causing symptoms need surgery.

Again right ovarian cyst of size 2.3 cms should not be a cause of concern.Generally with that size it should be considered as normal follicle than a cyst. Cysts generally have size more that 3 cms. Most cysts resolve on their own.

So, if leiomyoma is not large in size, I don't think doctor will opt for surgery.Doctor would suggest regular follow up with sonography/ultrasound.

Hope this answers your question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor