Have enlarged LVH. Experiencing chest pain. Passing blood with stool. Is there any complication?
Thank you for your query.
As your cardiac abnormalities are being investigated, I shall concentrate only on the fresh blood being passed with every bowel movement in your case.
There is a classification of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract (GIT); i.e. an upper GIT bleed and a lower one. As an upper GIT bleed takes place before the formation of stool, this blood mixes with the stool and gives it a distinct dark brown or black color; and as a lower GIT bleed takes place in that part of the GIT before which the stool is already formed. Thus, a lower GIT bleed presents with fresh blood along with the stools.
The causes for a lower GIT bleed can be the following:
-Intestinal inflammatory disorders (eg. doctor at the earliest, as loss of blood can lead to anemia, which in turn can result in other serious complications. A physical examination by a doctor and other supportive investigations like a colonoscopy, barium x-ray, etc; might be required to reach an informed and conclusive diagnosis. From there on, the treatment would surely help relieve you of your trouble. Please also note, that excessive blood loss can also lead to cardiac ailments, thus, please visit a doctor at the earliest, and also inform your cardiologist about your blood loss.
I hope this information is both helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of experiencing chest pain
- Experiencing chest pain and pounding of heart
- Drugs/medication for experiencing chest pain
- Diagnosis of experiencing chest pain
- Experiencing chest pain due to an external injury
- Experienced chest pain but normal results what is going on
- Experiencing chest pains extremely painful worried
- Treatment and cure for experiencing chest pain
- Experiencing chest pain suggested due to stress treatment
- Experiencing chest pain causes