Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have endometriosis, done laparoscopy, taking tablets for irregular periods, now delayed periods. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
I am XXXXXXX My age is 23. My height is 5.1 inch and 69 kg weight. I got married on dec 2010. As soon as i got married i had irregular period. My self and my hubby both took complete checkup. All r normal. Then i had tablet and i got my periods regular. For last 8 months my periods are normal at a cycle of 30 days. But still then i am not able to conceive. Later on doctor asked me to go for laparoscopy test to check whether my tubes are blocked. I undergone the test i found my tubes are clear. No blocks found. But they said i am having endometriosis. They said minimum amout of endometriosis found and they will disapper went i get pregnant and there wont be any problem in conceiving. Still last month i had regular periods. My last period was on july 30th. Till now i dint get my period. Today morning i took home pregnancy test it came out -ve. what i have to do next? i have to go for blood test or i have to wait for one more week?
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 24 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Menstrual period generally occurs on 14th day of ovulation. Some times due to hormonal imbalance ovulation is delayed, and thus period is also delayed. In my opinion you should weight for a week more and if period doesn't start, get blood test for pregnancy done.
You should use ovulation prediction kit to identify date of ovulation and have sex on the day of ovulation and for few days thereafter. After sex don't move, take rest in bed and don't wash.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor