Have elevated liver enzymes, night sweats and UTI. What treatment should be done?
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.
UTI (sepsis and cause the liver enzymes to be mildly elevated as part of sepsis (blood stream infection).
Mild elevation of liver enzymes is not XXXXXXX per say.
The smelly urine is due to chronic urine infection. Some organisms are fastidious and difficult to eradicate.
You must be evaluated elaborately to find out the cause of resistant infections. We need to rule out any urinary tract obstruction, resistant bugs or low immunity in you.
Have an ultrasound KUB, urine culture, blood tests been done?
Do you have fever, nausea, vomiting, ill health?
Are you on chronic infection prophylactic drugs?
It would greatly help if you could upload any reports you have here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)
If the creatinine is normal, drink plenty of water, keep good private parts hygiene, consult a good urologist to get evaluated for chronic UTI (if not done so far).
Please describe all symptoms in greater details.
Then I can suggest you more specific measures.
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck! Thank you!!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Should i be worried about elevated liver enzymes
- What is the remedy for elevated liver enzymes
- Treatment for elevated liver enzymes cold extremities diverticulosis
- Suggest treatment for elevated liver enzymes
- Uti and elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes whats high
- How to lower elevated liver enzymes what are the risks
- Treatment and cure for Elevated liver enzymes