Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Have eczema on fingers. Used super glue of liquid bandage and not helped. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
I have excema on one of my fingers. A dermatologist suggested using super glue of liquid bandage, which I have done. However, this is not helping. I find it difficult to obtain Balnetar, which helped the last time I had an outbreak. What would you suggest?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.

You seem to have developed eczema. Now hand eczema in most cases is a chronic problem and it is characterized by various remissions and outbreaks.

In your case, you seem to be relieved with coal tap ointment . But coal tar is actually not a very commonly tied agent by our modern day dermatologists. There are various other topical options available nowadays which have fewer side effects and have better efficacy.

Among such options, we have potent steroids like clobetasol and the combinations of clobetasol with salicylic acid.
These agents are very useful in cases of game eczema and some may provide relief even with once a day application.
Now hand eczema is mostly allergic in nature, so one should always try and find out the offending agent which can be any item of daily use with which we come in contact with.

Also keeping the hands moist helps in most cases. Application of good moisturizers or oils frequently over hands also helps.

Any other query, please let me know.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor