Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have eczema. Have hot, tingling and sweating face after eating dessert. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
How come my face gets hot and tingly and starts to sweat when I eat dessert (like a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie)? I'm 5' 2 - 150 pound female with no health complaints except for eczema.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Face becoming hot and tingly and sweating in association with food can be due to any of the following conditions.
1. Rosaceae.
In this condition the face become red and there occurs sweating when a person eats particular things like spices or hot beverages or may be chocolates in your case. Similar redness of face also happens when a person is exposed to sun.
I would like to know if you have any such problem when you are exposed to sunlight.
2. Frei's syndrome.
Here the nerve fibers of sweating and salivation are misdirected, mostly after an injury or a surgery. In this condition when a person gets salivation on seeing a food there occurs sweating too.
3. Allergy.
As you have mentioned, this happens with chocolate and brownie only, it might be considered that either you are allergic to chocolate or certain component of it.
To differentiate between above mentioned conditions I suggest you to stop taking chocolate and brownie for 2 days and watch for results. Whether the sweating still occur with any other food or sun exposure.
Kindly let me know so I can give a closer diagnosis.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor