Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have ectopic pregnancy. Is there any way to move the baby so that it can be saved?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
my wife has a ectopic pregnancy is there any way to move the baby so it can be saved. she is about 3 months along and we just found out yesterday and she was givin methotrexate but she hasnt taken it yet.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

Thanks for the query.

I am sorry to say that there is no way that a fetus growing in any region other than the uterus can survive. This is because most ectopic pregnancies are found in Fallopian tubes (95%). Once the baby starts growing, the Fallopian tube will burst thus causing grave complications to the mother‘s health sometimes even death.

This occurs by first 3 months. Let her not take any risk and take the medications prescribed by her doctor. It is very XXXXXXX and life threatening.

It is very rare that an ectopic baby survives, that too if it present in abdominal region and not Fallopian region it survives. But your doctor would have done the scan and found the region beforehand and thus prescribed you tablets.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have no further follow ups please accept my answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor