Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have dry, tight and cracking foreskin. Will it be safe to apply clotrimazole on it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I am 33 years old, 5ft 6in, 152lb and consider myself healthy. The foreskin of my penis is very dry, tight and cracking. It tears sometimes and has been happening for about 5 weeks now. I am going to try to use clotrimazole but i would like your advice on how to apply it. Do i just need to apply it to the foreskin on the dry area? How often and for how long ? Is clotrimazole the best solution for this ?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 23 minutes later

If its dry, scaly and itchy in the region of foreskin , then you can apply clotrimazole. Its one of the usually suggested option.Apply it to dry skin skin and skin close to it.
You can apply it twice a day and for two weeks or till symptoms persist.

With tight skin, one should always be able to roll foreskin back and forth over the glans of penis.If that is not happening due to tight skin, it's time to see doctor.As this can lead to an emergency in case where skin gets stuck behind glans cause swelling of glans.

Hope this answers your question.please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor