Have dry and itchy vagina after fingering and oral sex. Is this a sign of STD?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have not had sex, my boy friend has only performed some oral and some fingering. One night i woke and felt quiet painful, my vulva and opening to my vagina had white tips as if my skin has been torn, after a few days the pain stopped but i has very dry skin and peeled a lot on my inner lips, now i have what look like skin tag sort of tiny skin flaps on my vulva and right at my vagina opening i have 3 separate skin tag looking things, i also have what looks like a path of smooth skin from my vagina up on the inside of my lips, although the itching has stopped and the soreness gone i am concerned what the skin tag like bumps are.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
You may have developed genital warts/vaginitis or ulcers.These could be a sign of sexually transmitted disease. Oral sex can sometimes transmit certain STDs. You need to have a full std profile and examination done. I suggest that you see your gynaecologist so that the tests can be ordered. Meanwhile, you can apply soframycin cream on the affected area.Keep it clean and dry always. Refrain from unprotected sex till your symptoms resolve.