Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have dry and itchy skin on penis. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Itching on the is there from last 3 weeks....its reducing and then increasing again...its getting dry and dry skin is coming out also.Its on top portion of the penis
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are very characteristic for penis fungal infection. Such infection can appear due to recent antibiotics use, intercourse or other contact of the infected surface.
Such infection, when not treated can last very long time. It will show up and disappear cyclically.
I suggest you to start with Fluconazole or Clotrimoxazole antifungal cream (should be available without prescription). Just note that such treatment can take few weeks. You should also wash your penis regularly with soap and water.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have dry and itchy skin on penis. How to treat this? 17 hours later
Can i start using those cream?if its not fungal infection then there is no side impact bcz of this right?please suggest me so that i can take a correct decission.any other medicine required?and please let me know which specialist doctor can verify this here physically.thanks....
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Yes, you can start the treatment right away. Even if this is not fungal infection, no consequences from using antifungal cream. It is quite safe therapy. And for now, no other medicines required. Only if the treatment wont help, some other medicines might be necessary.
To confirm this diagnose, dermatologist is the best choice.

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor